- Participation in the project by the Association was necessary to protect the value of the Association's property at the North Access. NOTE: The Association fully owns the properties of the North and South Accesses, the park across from the North Access, as well as the land on the Cobmoosa lakeshore. Please consult the “Sharing Our Beach” page on the Association’s website for the descriptive details of the properties owned by the CSA for the common enjoyment of the membership, their families, and their guests.
- The speed of the Board's decision was due to the alarming rate of erosion at the North Access and the timing of the adjacent property owners' proposal for a joint project. It has been estimated that for a period we were losing ~12 feet of beach per week.
- The Annual Meeting Newsletter included a drawing of this project. It shows that the three properties have 155 feet of common frontage on Lake Michigan. Of that total, 35 feet (22.5%) belongs to the Association.
- The Association's costs for its share of the project is $9500. The Association has not and will not pay for any portion of the cost to protect the Dean's & Chien's properties.
- The Dean’s and the Chien’s graciously advanced payment for the entire project. The Association has already reimbursed them $3000 for its share from its accumulated budget surplus for the current fiscal year.
- The proposal before the membership is to allow the Association to spend “up to $7000” for the fiscal year that begins July 1, 2020, to reimburse the Chien's & Dean's for the balance of the Association's share of the project. (The wording of “up to $7000” is for the simple reason that there are always additional charges that were not anticipated in the original estimate.)
You may wish to refer to the 2020 Annual Newsletter with the underlined text linking to the Annual Meeting Newsletter page as well.