This year the Benona Township Board must hold Public Hearings to form a Five Year Plan for Road Improvements and to form a Five Year Plan for Parks and Recreation. The initial set of hearings will be held on Tuesday, May 26, at the Benona Township Hall, prior to the regular meeting. With the current social distancing and restrictions on large gatherings, the Township Board felt it might be helpful to make a survey available to allow the option of soliciting public comments without the necessity of attending the hearings to give input. Please download and print this form and either mail it to the Benona Township Hall at 7169 W. Baker Rd. or drop your copy in the mail slot in the town hall door. Your participation is very much appreciated. Another set of public hearings will be held later in the summer.
Editor note: To view the form follow the link in the preceding paragraph. Scroll down to the bottom of the form and click on the DOWNLOAD link. Additional information from the township:
The following Road Improvement projects are already approved for completion in 2020-21:
- Crushing and shaping, gravel on shoulders, and paving for Scenic Dr. from Stony Lake Bridge to Shelby Rd
- Ditching, gravel, tree cutting, culverts and paving for Second St. from Garfield Rd. to Thomas St.
- Ditching, gravel, tree cutting, culverts and paving for Thomas St., from Second St. to Scenic Dr.
- Ditching, gravel, tree cutting, and culverts for Grant Rd. from 28th Ave. to the seasonal road.
- Ditching and graveling for Johnson Rd. from 48th Ave. east to the dead end.
- Chip seal and fog seal Johnson Rd., from 40th Ave. to the Lutheran Church.
- Chip seal and fog seal Stone Rd. from Scenic Dr. to 32nd Ave.
The following Parks & Recreation projects are already approved for completion in 2020-21:
- Repairs to the docks at Stony Lake.
- Repairs/replacement of the seawall east of the existing seawall on the channel at the Lake
Editor note: All of the information above is contained in the survey form. Bookmark the Benona Township website, it contains a lot of information pertinent to CSA.